Well, I went to good ‘ol Wal-Mart today. I have a love/hate relationship with that place. 😉
I made a quick trip right before lunch.
Not a good idea.
I didn’t realize I was even hungry…..until I saw all the yummy food…..everywhere!
I’m happy to say I survived the war zone and made it out of there without any damage being done. However, it made me realize how powerful HUNGER is!!
I can’t tell you how many thoughts went through my head AND how many random food items called my name!!
- I went down the chip/cookie aisle and everything looked so good. In fact, Keebler cookies looked heavenly and I NEVER even buy them OR eat them! They are not worth the calories….at all.
- I also saw all the yummy Valentine’s candy, but I just kept on walkin’.
- When I was in the checkout lane, of course my fav Peanut M&Ms looked divine.
- There was also some Nutella in the checkout lane (random!?) and it looked so awesome! I’VE NEVER EVEN TRIED NUTELLA! I’ve never tried it because I know I would love it….and I don’t need any more temptations! 😉
As you can see, I had major problems.
It was tough.
You may laugh, but it WAS NOT funny! I was bugged by all the rationalizations that went through my head as well.
However, there was some good that came out of this little experience.
- I remembered that every time I resist temptations, I become stronger. Yay!
- I also reminded myself of all the reasons why I WANT to eat well and not fill my body with a bunch of Keebler/Nutella crap.
- It was also a powerful reminder to me that processed, sugary foods are JUST LIKE DRUGS and addictions to them are VERY real!
So with all that being said, I left Wally World feeling triumphant.
However, the minute we got home…..we had lunch!
Leftover taco soup topped with cottage cheese and some YUMMY Kashi TLC Pita Crisp Crackers dipped in some more cottage cheese!
I love leftovers for lunch! It makes it so easy to eat well! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE these crackers! I love Kashi and these crackers are the bomb. They are especially yummy dipped in cottage cheese! Sounds weird???? Well, it’s yummy.
In fact, I love these crackers so much that I had them again for a late afternoon snack…
I dipped the crackers and some celery in a little peanut butter. Yum!
Overall, I ate well today (amidst all the temptations!) and I went to a killer class at the gym tonight! Yay!
I know if I would have given in to any of those lame (and totally not worth it!) food cravings, I would have been so bugged at myself (and more likely to keep giving into cravings!)
So, I’m glad I can go to bed tonight and be satisfied with my day.
But I need to remember to never underestimate the power of hunger!
Now let’s have another good day TOMORROW!