Happy Thanksgiving Eve!
I hope you all have fun plans for tomorrow. We’ll be spending the day enjoying a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, siblings and a bunch of my aunts, uncles and cousins.
Soooo fun and soooo yummy!
I will also be running a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot with Kev and my 11 year old son.
I’m really looking forward to it and the weather is supposed to be beautiful!
I really wanted to run the 10K, but my body did not. Soooo, I’ve been affectionately calling our “Turkey Trot” a “Chicken Trot” because I’m too chicken to run the 10K! Ha ha.
I love running a race on Thanksgiving morning though. It’s the perfect way to start the day, in my opinion.
I thought I would mention a few “helpful tips” for those of you who are trying to keep the holiday a little healthier this year. Here are some of my suggestions…
Healthy Thanksgiving Day Tips!
- Eat breakfast! Do not, I repeat, do not start your Thanksgiving Feast on a starving empty stomach. You will end up eating the entire turkey, stuffing, all the pies and probably even the cornucopia, lol!
- Eat slowly. Thanksgiving dinner is SO yummy that it’s very easy to stuff your face, go back for seconds and then feel sick! Make an effort to eat slowly and enjoy every bite.
- Drink lots of water. Drink a full glass of water before you eat anything. This will help you feel more full and will aid in digestion.
- Start your day off with exercise! Sign up for a local
TurkeyChicken Trot, go to a Thanksgiving class at the gym, organize a fun Turkey Bowl with family or friends, go on a morning walk/run or just workout at home!
- Fill up your plate with healthier things like Turkey, salad, veggies/dip and fruit and then just take a little bit of the sweet potatoes (sweet potatoes can be healthy, but usually the Thanksgiving versions are not!), mashed potatoes/gravy, stuffing and rolls.
- Have just one serving of dessert. This one is hard for me because I usually like to taste everything! I like to tell myself that Pumpkin Pie is kinda sorta healthy too.
- Go on a walk after Thanksgiving dinner is over. This will help you digest things better and not have that “gut bomb” feeling. It will also burn some calories too!
I love Thanksgiving and I love this time of year! I’m so thankful for all of the blessings in my life.
I thought I would share a very motivational video that I LOVE!
This kid is a rock star! I love his story and his transformation is incredible.
I showed this video to my big kiddos and they were so impressed. In fact, my DAUGHTER said, “I want to do that!”
I reminded her that she would NOT have the same results as this guy, lol. She said she was just inspired by his hard work and determination.
Soooo, my daughter went on Pinterest and found a bunch of workouts that she said she wanted to do every day! I encouraged her to not go too crazy too fast or she will burn out. I told her to come up with a healthy, sustainable plan and then just consistently do it!
I was so happy to come home the other day to this….
My cute kiddos got dressed in their workout clothes, completed their workout and then decided to eat some carrots! Love it!
FYI, this is the workout they did…
Pretty darn cool. I’m not exactly sure why this workout is called the “Flat Belly Workout” though. It has a lot more going on than just abs. Hmmmm.
Oh and speaking of working out, I WENT TO THE GYM last night! Wooooooo Hooooooo!
I can’t tell you how HAPPY I was to be there. Oh my word. I hadn’t been to the gym in over 4 months and I didn’t realize how much I missed it! There is so much positive energy there and and I always want to push myself to the max!
I went to a Power Pump class and it kicked my can! I loved every single second. Seriously. The instructor kept asking, “How are you guys doing?” and I was always the chick in the back of the class enthusiastically saying “Wooooo!”
I didn’t take any pictures though, dang it. Blogger fail.
Oh, and I’ve been going to Gold’s Gym for years and years, but last week all of the Gold’s Gyms in Utah changed to Vasa Fitness.
I am STOKED!
The gyms will be full of new equipment, more classes and a whole Cross Fit-type section…
I’ve done Cross Fit stuff in some of my workouts, but I’ve never done full fledged Cross Fit. Quite frankly, it intimidates the heck outta me. I’m hoping the new gym will offer some Cross Fit training and/or classes and I will DO IT!
Oooohhhhh, I’m so excited!
They’re also building a brand spankin’ new full sized gym near my house! Eeeeeee……Seriously GUYS!!!! I’m thinking it will be finished and open in time for the New Year and I WILL BE READY to kill it.
Okay, I will calm down now. I actually have a bunch of errands to run and a bunch of rolls to make (that’s my Thanksgiving assignment!), so I need to end this.
I sincerely hope each and every one of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving!