Happy happy New Year! 🙂
I really love this time of year! I’m not a huge fan of January weather, but I love the calmness, clarity, motivation and fresh start that January brings. <3
I love taking the opportunity to reevaluate my life, set some goals, shape up a few things and get to work!
My December was so so so crappy as far as health and fitness goes! Holy Hannah. I’m definitely feeling extra fluffy. It’s okay though because it’s also helping me to feel motivated and happy to get back to work.
I went to the gym tonight and I loved my workout, but I can tell I’m out of shape a little bit….and also a little bit heavier. All of the body weight exercises (push ups, pull ups, etc.) felt a lot harder….because I’m fatter! Ha ha!
It’s alright though…..just gives more fuel to my fire. I’m actually happy that the Christmas season is over (although I looooove Christmas!) I’m happy my life can slow down just a bit so that I can get my life in order and refocus on health and fitness once again!
I spent some time over the weekend identifying and writing down some goals and also mentally preparing for success! I’m determined to improve several things in my life and excited to make the changes happen.
FYI, I make health and fitness goals throughout the year, but there’s just something about the beginning of the year that is extra motivating. I love that 2018 is a blank slate. I really love taking a long hard look at my life….identifying things I want to change and then making plans to change them and make the upcoming year a great one! <3
Soooo, I thought I’d share some of my 2018 goals with y’all. I set some physical health goals (of course), but I also set some spiritual, family, project and home goals as well. Yay!
Also, as far as my health and fitness goals go…I tried to identify everything that I would like to improve and work on. I’m also going to be realistic though because I know there will be days that it just won’t happen. These are goals that I’m going to work on all year long. These are my ideal. If I happen to struggle here and there, I won’t consider it a failure and give up. I will pull up my list of goals, refocus and get back to work!
2018 Physical Goals
- Floss my teeth every day
- Drink my lemon water/baking soda concoction every day (I just add the juice of 1/2 a lemon and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of warm water.) There are a ton of health benefits and I love it. Google it and you can read all about it!
- Take my vitamins (Vitamins C, D, B complex, magnesium and fish oil) and supplements (glutamine,BCAAs, Collagen Peptides) every day.
- Run 2x a week! (I haven’t been on a run in over 6 months, so I’m excited to get back at it!)
- Go to my gym 4x a week
- Have a homemade protein shake and a green smoothie every day (such an easy way to get a lot of good things in the body!)
- Be aware of my macros (I’m not going to physically count them, but I’m just going to make a conscious effort to get enough protein in and keep the fat and carbs in check.)
- Stay away from all the sugary treats for a while (if y’all know me, you know that sometimes I just have to cut it out for a while!) For now, I’m planning to steer clear of them until my birthday in February.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep each night. This is always a hard one for me!!! I just need to learn how to shut it down and get my beehind into bed at night!!!
- I’m going to add in some more strength training at home. I’m not going to go crazy, I just want to add a little more lifting in my life.
2018 Spiritual Goals
- Study my scriptures personally every day
- Attend the temple once a month
- Have Family Home Evening with our family each week.
- Read scriptures with the family whenever we can (our kids are all on different schedules, so it’s so hard to find a time when we’re all together….even in the early morning!) Soooo, I’m just going to take the opportunity whenever we can.
- Have family prayer together each night.
2018 Blog Goals
- Blog at least 1x a week (it’s sad that that is my goal, but it is what it is!)
- Be more active on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Instagram stories and Twitter!)
I also just set a bunch of house goals; things I want to work on and projects I want to complete. It’s mostly de-junking, decorating, painting and re-carpeting stuff! Yay!
It’s just so nice to identify the things I want to work on and complete and it’s so nice to actually write them down. I’ve learned that if I’m really serious about completing a goal, I have to write it down!
We had a wonderful Christmas! I love Christmas so much. It really is magical. I’m so thankful we get to celebrate it every year!
I took these pictures on Christmas Eve night after we’d set out all the presents and the kiddos were all asleep…
There’s something that’s just so majestic, calming and magical about Christmas trees and Christmas lights. I love them so much. I still have all of my Christmas decorations up and I’m not looking forward to taking them all down! 🙁
I took this picture of the kiddos on Christmas morning…
So fun and so magical! <3 Christmas morning is always a time that I would just like to freeze and soak up for a while.
My poor oldest son was so sick on Christmas! He came home from work on Christmas Eve and said he was feeling sick. He ended up with a fever, the chills, the body aches, etc…..pretty much a horrible flu that wiped him out for a few days. The sad kicker is that his birthday is also on Christmas!! My poor, poor baby.
We celebrated his birthday a few days later….
This picture cracks me up because it pretty much sums us up….wild and crazy with tacky birthday cakes!
Sometimes I decorate cute cakes, but more often than not we just throw random things on a cake and call it good! My son turned 19 (NINE-TEEN!!!!! Wha the?????) I had a #1 candle, but didn’t have a #9, so I put nine candles on with it. I also threw the “Over the Hill” candle on there for good measure. Oh, and I had to throw that cute little golfing guy and club on there because my son picked that out to put on his birthday cake when he turned 4. I throw it on his birthday cakes every once in a while.
He’s grown up too darn fast. It just about kills me.
Oh, and I will share another funny Christmas picture. This pic sums up my child #4 perfectly…
He is a hoot! He’s always been into superheroes, weapons, action, make believe and drama. He is so much fun to have around our house. Oh how I love that little (or not so little….sniff, sniff) boy! He got all that stuff for Christmas and loved battling with his dad all day!
I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year! I wish you all happiness, love and success in 2018!!! I love you all! <3